Can I Install A Deck In The Fall in 2022?
Every year homeowners ask the question: can I install my deck in the fall? Our answer is absolutely and then some. There are always pros and cons when it comes to building a deck within any of the four seasons. But we are here to analyze why fall is an ideal time to build a deck. Here are some pros listed below:
Pros of Installing a Deck in the Fall:
- A lot more work days are available because of the mild weather, along with less rain than in the spring and summer days.
- Contractors usually have more time because they are coming out of the busy summer season and will give your new deck project some much-needed undivided attention.
- Having a deck built during the fall gets you well ahead of the spring rush when homeowners race to have their dream deck built out.
- Believe it or not, the cooler air gets rid of the contraction and expansion of wood that takes place when left to dry in the hot sun, giving you a higher quality product.
- Low humidity makes it easier to manage pressure-treated wood.
- Install retractable power screens that retain the heat of your deck and provide a comfortable sanctuary during cold months (can be opened and closed with a button).
- Install a louvered roof, similar to a pergola, where the roof can be opened and closed and acts as a deck cover protecting your valuable furniture (a great way to enjoy your deck during fall/winter).
- Building a deck at this time
Are you ready to build your dream deck this fall?
Thinking about building a new deck? We’re here to help! Contact us and let’s get started!