What Is A Good Size For A Deck?
We tend to answer in one of three ways.
- Small Deck
- Medium Deck
- Large Deck
But what does that mean?
These words are very subjective. What’s large for someone could be small for another.
So how can we have a standard or general understanding of sizes?
Let’s take a look at the word average, even though it can be subjective; we can actually use it as a mean.
The average size deck in The United States is between:
Having this reference, you can now use words such as small, medium or lagre with guidance until you are ready to commit to a specific square footage.
- A small deck is anything smaller than 300sq. feet
- A medium deck is between 300 – 400sq. feet
- A large deck is anything bigger than 400sq. feet
THINGS TO CONSIDER
- Unproportional deck size with the house
- A deck that is too large can dwarf your house
- A deck that is too small will get lost
- Generally, a deck should be wider than it is deep, with the longer dimensions running along the house