Do Decks Have Warranty?
They Certainly Do!
Wood decks generally do not come with a warranty because of the uncertainty around the longevity of it. Wood is a product that will be affected by the weather, needs constant updating, and will get weaker over time.
There are other products besides wood that do have warranties however. They are Composite and Steel.
Longevity of Composite Deck Boards
At Ace of Decks LLC, we build our decks using Trex products which are known for their outstanding styles and incredibly long lifespans. Composite Deck Boards warranty start off at a minimum of 25 to 30 years, but we must stress that the science behind these Composite boards prove that they can last much longer. This luxury product is a gem in the deck industry, one that provides both beauty and solid foundations.
We only align ourselves with the best deck suppliers. Here’s a breakdown of what Trex products offer:
- Trex® | 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Trex® Transcend | 25-Year Limited Fade & Stain Warranty
- Trex® Elevations | 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Trex® Trim | 25-Year Limited Warranty
- Trex® Railings | 25-Year Limited Warranty
The Power of Composite Deck Boards
Due to superior engineering, Composite board far exceed the lifespan of regular wooden boards. Composite deck boards are made by molding real wood and synthetic fibers into boards and capping them with a vinyl shield. This production process extends composite decking lifespan by preventing the damage that destroys cheaper wooden decks.
Composite Is Much Better Than Wood
Here’s how composite handles the 3 most common issues that limit the lifespan of wooden decks:
- Mold & Rot — When mold grows on the surface of a wooden deck, it’s only a matter of time before the deck begins to rot and fall apart. While mold growth destroys wooden deck boards, composite boards are impervious to it — this is one of the major factors behind composite decking’s superior lifespan.
- Discoloration — In addition to wooden decks becoming structurally unsound, they show their age in a way that composite decks don’t. While the ultra-durable composite material keeps its color, wooden decks fade, resembling driftwood rather than the luxury product they did when new. This is one of the reasons that composites decks can be 25 or 30 years old and still look new. In fact, color is one of the major things covered by composite manufacturer warranties.
- Splintering — Another advantage of the engineered capped-composite product: it doesn’t splinter like wooden decks do. It’s not uncommon to see wood deck boards splinter and break apart at the 10 year mark. Since this doesn’t happen with composite products, it expands the usable lifespan in a meaningful way.
Steel Deck Framing Warranty
Steel framing is simply the next level when it comes to building decks. Not only do they maxmize your outdoor living space, but they are extremely versatile and structurally sound. A steel deck will last you decades, allowing you to thoroughly enjoy all that your deck has to offer.
- Looks and installs like wood
- Works with any type or brand of decking, including composite, PVC, aluminum, tile, wood and tropical hardwoods
- Designed for low-maintenance, durability, ease of installation and safety
- A noncombustible material, resistant to fire and invulnerable to rotting, warping, splitting and pesky insect damage
- Unlike wood boards, there is no need to soak steel with insecticide and fungicide
- Steel is recycled and recyclable, making it more sustainable than wood
Steel Deck Framing has a 25-year Limited Warranty