Steel Framing Solutions That Fit Your Needs
Our total solution of durable products builds lasting experiences for outdoor living spaces. Plus, our constant focus on sustainability makes our products smarter to the core.
IS STEEL FRAMING WORTH IT?
YES! Most decks today are built with composite and PVC deck boards. CFS framing offers commercial-grade strength and can last as long as PVC and composite deck boards — or longer. Steel does not decompose like lumber.
BENEFITS OF STEEL FRAMING
- Looks and installs like wood
- Builds flat, stays flat!
- Provides greater spans between supports
- Works with any type or brand of decking, including composite, PVC, aluminum, tile, wood and tropical hardwoods
- Designed for low-maintenance, durability, ease of installation and safety
- A noncombustible material, resistant to fire and invulnerable to rotting, warping, splitting and pesky insect damage
- Unlike wood boards, there is no need to soak steel with insecticide and fungicide
- Steel is recycled and recyclable, making it more sustainable than wood
Steel deck frames are made from recycled materials, and can be recycled themselves.
Traditional framing can split, warp and shift over time, leading to an uneven surface in the deck boards above. Steel deck frames are precision engineered to ensure a refined, flat surface for the life of the deck. They are also significantly more resilient to weather, moisture, time and pest deterioration.
Steel beams have the ability to be bent and shaped to allow for everything from curves and angled corners to extended cantilevers. They are more lightweight than wood and can span up to 15 ft. (vs. 10 ft. for wood), resulting in the need for fewer posts and greater flexibility in post placement. This creates less obstructed views and more open space below the deck for storage or even additional outdoor living area.
A substructure is the platform that will support your deck—not to mention your friends, family and loved ones—for decades of outdoor living activities. Steel offers superior strength and longevity, is non-combustible, termite-proof, and free of pressure-treated chemicals.
STEEL FRAMING WORTH IT?
STEEL FRAMING BENEFITS